Sunday, August 19, 2012

security bracelets



once upon a time there was a bracelet.

this year i decided to make a pact with myself. i decided that i could only wear my beaded evil eye bracelet if i stopped repeating some sayings that my ocd told me to say. this may be a bit confusing if you are unfamiliar with the evil creature called ocd- so i will do my best to explain. under the spell of ocd, i believe that by saying certain things, bad things will not happen to me or my loved ones. caught in between the disease and my rational brain i came up with a solution. im wearing my two evil eye bracelets with some ocd still kickin' inside of me. in my mind i think that by wearing these bracelets bad things will not happen to me or my loved ones- just like the effect of my wacko sayings. my decision was to wear the bracelets and give up my wacky sayings. so far so good! wearing these bracelets gives me just the right amount of comfort i need without needing to repeat some phrases that supposedly warded off evil.
for a while i was only wearing the beaded evil eye bracelet that you see in this picture. then i decided to pick up the little jewled evil eye so that my beaded bracelet could have a buddy. soon after, my friend and i were out shopping and picked up the cute brown beaded bracelet as a friendship bracelet. i thought that was a really good idea because we both live far away from eachother and i'll "see" her everyday when i look down at my wrist. the little blue and purple bracelet you see is actually made from braces! (new ones of course.) the link to the website is here. i think they are such a cute idea!! i went to a pre-college program this summer and my roommate was sporting one. i fell in love with the bracelet so i ordered one of my own- also acting as a way to rememeber my roommate :) and finally- my watch is by the brand 'marc by marc jacobs'. it's rose gold with white accents and i love it so so so much. it gives just the right amount of pop to my collection of love and security.

7 comments:

  1. something for you on my blog!
    -Sienna :)
    http://thelittleleopard.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for the nomination sienna!
    -maddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I I love how open you are with OCD. You are a real role model.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard about these evil eye beads. The bracelets are really cool. There are markets near where I live that sell evil eye jewellery. I hope you OCD is not bothering you too much xx
    http://thegloryboxblog.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment meg! :)
      -maddy
      ill go check out your blog!

      Delete
  5. I have something for you on my blog xx

    ReplyDelete